Soar

"Mom, are you crying?"
"Maybe."
"You are just waayyy too emotional."
"Doesn't this book make you feel so happy? I just love how....(I don't want to give any spoilers!)"

This was the conversation between Wesley and I on the ride home yesterday. We were listening to Soar by Joan Bauer in the car. Clearly I thought the story was powerful. Jeremiah is a character that made you want to root for him. He faced some pretty big challenges in his young life (from being abandoned as a baby, to needing a heart transplant), but continued to look at the bright side. When he couldn't play his beloved baseball, he found ways for it to be a part of his life. He sees the best in everything and everyone. Jeremiah lifts up people that others may ignore or dismiss. His shining impact is wide spread. I could talk all day about why I loved him and this book!

For those of you who haven't heard of this book, it is one of the Maine Student Book Award titles this year. Wesley and I borrowed and downloaded from CloudLibrary (which is through the Topsham Public Library). It is also in our own BCS library in book form. I would recommend it for anyone, you do not have to be a baseball lover to appreciate it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready Freddy and the Gingerbread Jitters

Charlotte and the Rock

Geronimo Stilton