Maine Student Book Awards!

Last year I was introduced to the Maine Student Book Awards. I had worked with the Chickadee Award Winners (picture books), but had never spent time with the MSBA winners. Wow, was I happy I did! There were some excellent reads on there that really moved me!

Now that we are back in school, I am ready to start exploring this year's winners. Last week, Wesley and I downloaded the audiobook of All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook by Leslie Connor. We were hooked! I found myself taking the long way so that we could listen more.


I recently started Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks. While I am only a few chapters in, I am really enjoying it! I downloaded this from CloudLibrary, which is a digital library with audio and digital books. We access this through our account with the Topsham Public Library. I read the digital copies on my iPad or Kindle (and even my phone!).


It is my goal that I will read all of the books on the MSBA grades 4-6 list this year. To help me keep track, I plan on printing out this list, or another from the MSBA website (http://msba.umeedu.maine.edu), and checking them off as I finish. This will be posted behind my classroom door if you ever want to check my progress! 
My goal is for everyone in 4th and 5th grades to explore these reads! I know that Mrs. Wade and Mrs. Suthers in the Learning Commons have copies of them all ready for you to check out when you return on Tuesday! I hope that you not only read them, but come visit me to talk about them, and review here! 

Happy Reading! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready Freddy and the Gingerbread Jitters

Charlotte and the Rock

SMILE by Raina Telgemeier